skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Holy Week
This year I was asked to speak about Christ's Atoning Sacrifice in Sacrament Meeting on Easter Sunday. Such an immensely important and broad topic, the assignment weighed heavily on my mind for several weeks leading up to Easter. I found myself reading about, praying about, and generally paying closer attention to all the events of the "Semana Santa" (Holy Week). Our friends, Bryan and Shelly Wright, invited our family over for a passover meal, explaining some of the symbolisms of the various traditions and how the prophecies were fulfilled by Christ. It was a fantastic experience! The kids loved all the interesting food and eating on the floor. I was dressed as a visiting Arab, having finally found an excuse to wear the dishdasha (man-dress) and keffiyeh given to me as a gift by an Arabic translator friend in Samarra, Iraq. Lance's attire yet again reminded Britt and me of how important it is to have spiritual activities like this during Eastertime.
5 comments:
What a nice idea. I love the picture of everyone in traditional dress...then Lance dressed like the Easter bunny.
It took me a moment to spot the little man...like my own game of Where's waldo. the expression on his face is perfect!
This is so you! I loved reading this. Amazing how grown up your kids already are! Goodness, we are getting old :)
We want to come over for dinner. If we are ever in the area we will just drop by. Tell Brittany hi from me and tell her I am still in primary. I am the district primary president over here. i guess the church really isn't true.
i remember you sent us a link long ago of an artist who had paintings of wurzburg. Do you still have that info?
Post a Comment